For those that think of the big green egg as the meat pleaser, think again. With the help of a little dutch oven (I only used the lid of my dutch oven to cook this dish) This Creamy Fish and Fennel Bake tickled our tastebuds We used Cod for the creamy fish bake and being it was the first time I had actually made fennel, I was a tad hesitant as I was unsure of what it would taste like. Well, let me tell you, it was teasing to the tongue. My mouth begged for more.
The Big Green Egg handle this dish with ease and brought a bit of summer to our backyard. Give it a try, you’ll be pleasantly surprised!
Creamy Fish and Fennel Bake
- The Big Green Egg
- Dutch Oven
- 1 ¾ lb fresh hake or cod fillets, halved
- 1 bulb fennel sliced, feathery tops retained for garnish
- 1½ cups cream
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- salt and black pepper to taste
- dill for garnish
- Set the EGG for direct cooking without the convEGGtor at 350°F/177°C.
- Arrange the fish fillets and sliced fennel bulb in a Dutch oven.
- In a small mixing bowl combine the cream, parmesan, and garlic; pour over the fish and fennel to cover.
- Place the Dutch oven on the cooking grid and bake for 20 to 30 minutes. Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice a nice salad and garnish with dill.